Point your compass in a new direction – Best Camping In The US
No summer is complete without a weekend in the Great Outdoors. Camping is a great way to get away from the everyday life and indulge oneself in a little adventure for very little money. To lay out beneath the stars, or in an RV, and bond with nature can be great therapy. Whether you choose to RV beside a lake, rent a cabin in the woods or pitch a tent, take time out for yourself, find the best camping in the US. You will enjoy all nature has to offer you.
Best Campsites In The US
Camping can be enjoyed as an individual or as a family. Campsites are available almost everywhere and are usually not too far from home and are very affordable.
If you’re a regular camper, you probably have a few favorite camping sites your family tend to visit again. But if you are relatively new to camping, you’re likely to find a few new family-friendly destinations in the list below.
Every state has its own selections of campsites to choose from, but if you are willing to travel for the best, here are the top 5 best camping in the US.
Top 5 Best Camping In The US
1. A.B.C. (America’s Best Campground) in Branson, Missouri, the Live Entertainment Capitol of the World. A.B.C. offers 162 RV and tent campsites with electric, satellite T.V., and phone service hook ups. There is also a concrete patio, table and grill available at each site. Pets are welcome, as long they are kept on a leash. And as long as you clean after them. Camping Cabins and Deluxe Cabins are available complete with air conditioning, heat, T.V., bathroom, kitchenette, covered porches, picnic table, grill, and outdoor hydrant. Please be aware that your pets or smoking are not allowed within the cabins. Branson offers plenty of attractions like amusement parks, dinner shows, and outlet malls and so much more all within a reasonable driving distance from camp.
2. Petit Jean State Park near Little Rock, Arkansas is the legendary first State Park in the U.S. This campsite features 127 campsites and 33 cabins. The park offers playgrounds, picnic areas, swimming, and hiking trails. Camping equipment is also available for rent. While you are there, walk along the Cedar Falls Trail, and you will come across the majestic Cedar Falls’ Water Fall. I am sure you will be amazed. Take your camera along for this one, there are so many beautiful sites and area attractions you might want to capture the moments so they may last a life time.
3. Montana de Oro (meaning “Mountain of Gold”) State Park in Southern California is a beautiful place for camping on a beach. It’s most popular for the ocean access, wide array of golden flowers, and hiking trails. A walk along the bluff reveals a steep drop off with a fantastic view of sea lion colonies. There are four locations available for hike-in only campers and you must bring your own supplies. The camp fires are not allowed there. So you must bring your own small grill, and must pack your own bottled water. At Montana de Oro, you will be truly “roughing it” so don’t forget your hiking boots.
Best Camping In The US – Not Only For Summer
4. Angel Island State Park located in San Francisco Bay can be your own private island paradise. You are transported to the island by a ferry boat, where only a handful of campers and rangers pitch their tents for the night. At night while you breathe in the cool salty air, you can view the flamboyant lights of San Francisco. And you can have a phenomenal view of the Golden Gate Bridge. There are nine campsites available, with a picnic table, running water, pit toilet and barbeque grill. There are trails to hike around the island where you can find shops, bicycle rentals and the Cove Café. Angel Island has a lot more shops and activities. If you have the hiking boots to walk the trails you can discover everything paradise has to offer.
5. Fort Welikit Family Campground is in South Dakota. Camping is near three large lakes and is less than an hour away from all the area attractions, such as, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Mountain, Custer State Park’s Buffalo, caves and many golf courses. Fort Welikit offers horse camping with several major trails. RV hook up, tent area and cabins are also available. Pets are allowed anywhere but inside the cabin rentals. This campground also offers on site trailer rentals and propane sales.
The Travel Industry Association reports camping to be the number one outdoor activity in the United States. Camping is enjoyed by citizens from all walks of life. Pack up your backpacks, load up the maps and grab a compass and prepare to create memories to last a lifetime.