5 Things to Avoids before Traveling in Vietnam – Avoiding Scams in Hanoi
Hanoi is known as the capital of Vietnam and is one of the most developed city of Vietnam tourism industry. Hanoi is famous for 36 streets and a lot of famous historical sites such as Hoan Kiem Lake, West Lake, Temple of Literature, One pillar Pagoda. In addition, Hanoi street food is also very special and is highly rated by many cuisine magazines in the world. Hanoi is also one of the safest destinations in the world. However, there are still exist bad things such as robbery, fraud … Now, we will point out 5 things that you should never miss when you are going to Hanoi, in the hope that you have a perfect trip.
5 Things to avoid When walking in the streets in Hanoi
- First up, survey your surroundings. Remember that traffic in Vietnam drives on the right-hand side of the road. When you are on the road, you always have to look around before crossing the road. Because in Hanoi, the means of transport seem rarely give way to pedestrians crossing or waiting to cross the minor road. Only if you feel safe, you should go and do not use mobile phone.
- If you come to Vietnam, you will know that street vendors and shoeshine boys are every wherein Hanoi old quarter. They often invite you for high prices or they will put food in your hands then make you buy at any cost. If you do not really need you should definitely talk and leave. In case you want to buy,you should bargain with them. The price for 1time brush shoe is from 10,000 up to the most expensive is 20,000. And the price for some fruit or donuts is about 15,000 to 30,000.
- You want to take Taxi or Motor taxi but you do not know the name of the famous and safe taxi companies. So we will give you some tips, you should remember: Before you get in the car, you have to give the address, and ask price in advance. You should check the distance shown on the GPS and compare with driver’s offer, you pay only the Km shown on the GPS. The normal price for taxi is from 12.000VND up to 16.000VND for 1 Km. In addition, when the driver returns small change you should check carefully before leaving. Because sometimes the driver will return you with money not in face value or with counterfeit money.
- You should always take your private property such as mobile phone, camera, money ,… with you. That would be a nice way to be safer, you should wear a bag in front of the chest.Because some thieves often take advantage of your backpack to pick your pocket.
- When you want to buy something like food, souvenirs, clothes and the first thing you should ask price before buying. Because in Hanoi, a lot of sellers often say higher prices for tourists than local peoples. You can make a bargain and pay the price from low to high, until you feel that it is suitable for the value of the product.
Thank you so much for your reading. If you come to Hanoi, Vietnam and would like to get more information please do not hesitate contact to Hanoi Explore Travel. We will try our best to help you!