Take a Break and Visit Israel!
Israel is more than a spiritual and religious centre for many people, though that is a big reason for the many people visiting every year. It is also a land of natural beauty, historic significance with much to appreciate and explore. The holiest of cities Jerusalem is a place that is significant for Christians, Jews and Muslims too. There are other cities there including Bethlehem, Jericho and Nazareth. There are several different options in how you can go about exploring this country and the city of Jerusalem. Explore it yourself, use Jerusalem tour packages from the USA, or you can find some great tour options there.
Table of Contents
A unique travel experience
There are some great destinations to travel to around the world depending on what you are looking for. Some just want to unwind and relax next to a pool, some want adventure, some want history, some want a closer connection to their religion and so on. One of the best places to visit in Israel can offer you a multitude of things to see, hear, taste and experience. If you are looking for holy or sacred places and places with a historical interest you might check out (to name just a few);
- Watch the sunset on Tel Aviv beach
- The Temple Mount of Jerusalem
- The Shepherd’s Field
- Visit Masada, a mountain fortress
- See Haifa’s Baha’i Gardens
- Visit and haggle at Carmel Market
- Mount of Olives
- Mount Hermon
- Nazareth Village
- Float in the Dead Sea
- Scuba in the Red Sea
- Stand over the edge of the Ramon Crater
- Various fantastic museums
- Great nightlife
With so many different tourist hot spots in Israel, you might find it hard to fit it all in! That is why it is a good idea to use tour operators and to plan ahead. You can see some fantastic live demonstrations, look at some dead sea scrolls, explore ancient ruins, see the birthplace of Jesus, and more.
There are tour operators in Israel you use, and there are Jerusalem tour packages from the USA they offer a diversity of options, Jewish tours, bible study tours, and more. Depending on your length of stay and the type of tours you choose will depend on how much it costs. Some tours are designed to be shorter in length for people who also want time to explore by themselves or do other things, and some tours are longer with stricter itineraries. You can find the perfect option for you, even get a varied package. You could also add in a private tour or two when there where you control the plan and the details. Explore the culture, eat some food, enjoy your time.
As mentioned Jerusalem is a big draw to three of the main religions in the world, Christianity, Judaism and Islam. There have been many wars fought over this city and there is a lot see as well experience. This is where Mohammed rose to heaven, the Jews built a sacred temple and the crucifixion of Jesus happened. So much to read, learn and be inspired by. To name just a few things specific to the city you can;
- Explore the Tomb of King David
- Visit the Old City of Jerusalem and the Western Wall, built 2000 years ago, now serving as an open synagogue and a place of pilgrimage
- Explore the Ruins of Capernaum
- Temple Mount and the Dome of Rock
- Mount Olives where you can enjoy an amazing view of the city
- See the unique church of Dominus Flevit
- Visit the garden Jesus prayed in before his crucifixion, the Garden of Gethsemane and visit the Church of All Nations
- Tomb of the Virgin Mary
- Via Dolorosa – the way of sorrows, the road Jesus walked to his crucifixion
- The Church of the Holy Sepulcher
- The Garden Tomb
- See the site of the Last Supper, the Cenacle
- City of David National Park
- Hezekiah’s Tunnel
- Mahane Yehuda Market
- Walk on the ramparts and through the old tunnels
There is no doubt that one of the best places to visit in Israel is Jerusalem. There are some great Jerusalem tour packages from the USA for you to consider. Wherever you end up visiting on your trip to Israel enjoy yourself. The fantastic views, the history, the spirituality, the nightlife, the beaches, the ruins, whether it is a mix of it all or something, in particular, you have in mind, you will have a visit of your lifetime.
The experience of visiting a holy land like Israel is probably unmatched. There is so much to do when in Israel, not just visiting Jerusalem or Tel Aviv but also seeing the beaches and the old city. You’ll definitely fall in love with the country. Make sure you read in-depth travel guides and check sites like a trip advisor for more information.